Salsa… simple, fresh, made in seconds
Use this salsa as a great dip for aperitif time! And why not try adding any leftovers to pre-cooked pasta, some fresh tomatoes and crunchy sugar snap peas. Makes a nice healthy cold salad. Did you know your pasta will be even healthier for you if its re-cook. That’s an altogether different blog post!
in your store cupboard: good to make this when you have a coriander plant on the windowsill
mise en place: always try to have pre-roasted garlic bulb in the fridge, otherwise use minced!
serving suggestion: serve with pitta bread or salty pretzels, crisps, crisp bread or tacos
Servings : 2 | Prep Time : 5 mins | Cooking Time : 0 mins | Difficulty : 1/5
- A tablespoon of chopped onions.. red or white
- ½ minced garlic clove.. or if you are like Paul.. a pre-roasted garlic clove!
- Handful of coriander leaves
- Finely chopped fresh chilli ( jalapeño best) or ¼ teaspoon dried flakes… start small!
- To taste. Squeeze of lime juice ( lemon will do), dollop of olive oil, salt, and pepper
- Finally add about 4 tomatoes, roughly chopped
add all the ingredients into a mixing bowl, tomatoes on top
blend to the consistency that you like… it´s a simple as that.