Get your griddle out !
and cook a healthy veggie lunch
Have a nice lunch everyone .
Whilst we see so many people worrying they’ll put on weight when in quarantine, we’re hoping for the opposite.
We’ve been in close contact ( Paul and I) working together for decades now, so fridge snacking is no longer a novelty. So we’re hoping to jump start some new habits to help lose weight and get even healthier.
In fact Paul has started the 5/2 diet this week.😇
Isolation is like a new beginning.. and we love new beginnings.
1. So get your griddle out and slice the courgettes finely ( we use our mandolin – you can see the one we use on our foodie wishlist post on the blog (but there are alternatives 😉 – and the ‘whatever pan’ on there has a great griddle).
2. Coat the veg. in just a little oil and seasoning. Have fun with whatever veg you like. As long as it’s strong enough to hold it’s shape when sliced really thinly.
2. Get the heat full on with the griddle, and start making your pretty, healthy, low calorie lunch.
3. Starting with great produce is the best way to make it tasty, but to to bring out the flavour add some seasoning . To make it different, or tastier… we add basil and perhaps a little balsamic vinegar at the end. (Would also be nice with some garlic and ginger!)
4. Finally, when cooked (pretty quickly) with that nice griddle marking, take it off with some useful kitchen tongs or a fish slice perhaps, and make it pretty to look at on the plate !